Who we are:
Wallit is a Maine-based, venture-backed technology company with the fastest growing mobile and voice technology in retail consumer financial services. Our platform powers retail banks and credit unions and is well funded by prominent FinTech investors.
Wallit is rapidly accelerating in its mission is to help America’s families take control of their financial lives. The company has gained traction over the last year and was recently named one of the Top 10 Best Tech Startups in Maine 2019.
We have a fun, collaborative office culture and a hardworking team that cares deeply about our product. This position is attractive for anyone interested in joining a high growth startup at an early stage.
Who we’re looking for:
Our team is seeking a VP Sales who is hands-on and comfortable with a technical sales process and closing recurring SaaS revenue deals. The candidate will lead by example and will be responsible for client sales, staffing and developing a performing sales team. The VP of Sales will develop and direct the company’s overall sales activities and strategy. This individual works with the management team and the sales and marketing teams to identify, develop, and implement an effective sales and marketing strategy while developing sales objectives, volumes and cost of sales. In addition they are responsible for resource allocation, including budget, territory definition and management, personnel and training. This role reports to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Define and implement the sales and growth strategies across the full range of business client segments.
- Develop growth strategies with the executive team and board of directors to increase and diversify revenue-generating programs.
- Develop challenging and achievable sales forecasts as well as win-win compensation plans.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions within these metrics;
- Lead, coach and motivate a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Oversees customer success to go from trial to contracted long-term clients.
- Oversees activities of sales management – training, recruiting, appraisals, commission compensations, motivation and discipline.
- Evaluates effectiveness of employees and executes necessary changes and adjustments
- Identify new market opportunities and geographies as well as ensure client retention.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate pricing strategies.
- Work closely with marketing and product management to fine tune marketing and product roadmaps.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in a sales or business development.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Science, Engineering or Business; and MBA or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience hiring and managing a team of field sales, enterprise sales, client success, inside sales, and lead generation programs.
- A verifiable track record of consistently meeting or exceeding organization goals
- Proven track record of scaling a diverse sales teams in B2B and in a technology company
- Strong network in FinTech, Banking or Financial Services is a major plus.
- Proven leadership and inspirational skills.
- Loves to be hands on and leading by example yet has a team-centric attitude.
- Operates well in a fast-paced start-up/scale-up culture.
- Communicates across departments to develop goals and client strategies.
- Operate autonomously and take ownership of the business results with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Introduce yourself and send us your resume by emailing: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org